Sweet banana and light, fluffy cream cheese make this bread a breakfast or dessert hit!
Recipe is adapted from online. I don’t add the walnuts, but do add freshly grated nutmeg, Vietnamese cinnamon and ground cardamon.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 bananas mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Vietnamese cinnamon (optional)
- Ground cardamon (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Grease two 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then add the bananas and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Stir in the walnuts.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared loaf pans and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes, tenting with foil halfway through.
- The bread is done when it’s golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.